• EMBA is one of the most rigorous and quality two-year program in the country with 740 contact hours.
• The program is specially designed for working professionals who can attend classes from their devices through interactive learning.
• Course design provides the much-needed blend of academic knowledge with application of learning to real business situations.
• Participant becomes a part of the journey of one of the top Business Management Schools in India and the pioneers of interactive learning in the Asia Pacific region.
• The Institute has the highest cohort of faculty among all the new generation IIMs established in 2015-16. The faculty have impeccable academic and research credentials, with a good blend of industry experience.
• In the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ranks (2022) released by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, IIM Visakhapatnam is at the top of all new generation IIMs.
• The Institute is very active in offering executive education and continuing professional education programs. Among the clientele are reputed public sector and private sector enterprises.
EMAT will be online proctored test of multiple-choice type. There will be 3 sections (quantitative aptitude – 35 questions, data interpretation and logical reasoning – 30 questions, verbal ability and reading comprehension-35 questions). Overall, 100 questions for 100 marks. Test will be for 120 minutes with no negative marking. You may see the sample question paper available here.
Yes, the EMBA program at IIM Visakhapatnam is recognized by the below indicated banks as a degree-granting program for availing the facility of education loans. IIM Visakhapatnam will facilitate the loan application process for the selected candidates.
Below listed banks can be approached for availing education loans for programs of IIM Visakhapatnam.
1. State Bank of India
2. Bank of India
3. Central Bank of India
4. Union Bank of India
5. Canara Bank
6. Punjab National Bank
7. HDFC Bank
IIM Visakhapatnam is an Institution of National Importance established under the IIM Act 2017 (An Act of Parliament). The Institute is empowered to grant academic titles such as degrees for the courses of study in accordance with the norms decided by the Academic Council and approved by the Board (as defined under the said Act). The degree to be awarded by IIM Visakhapatnam is recognized as per Indian law. The equivalency will be based on country-specific laws.
For the degree completion, participants would need to complete 74 credits of courses.
Yes. The convocation ceremony for this program will be held in the annual convocation of IIM Visakhapatnam, along with the convocation ceremony for other flagship programs. The exact date and venue will be shared later.
Yes, the video recordings of all the lectures will be made available for the registered participants for a duration of 15 calendar days. The videos will be available only in view-only mode and will not be downloadable.
There is no cut-off on the marks obtained in EMAT. However, appearing for EMAT is a necessary but not a sufficient condition to be eligible for the Personal Interview (PI) round. The institute reserves the right to call a candidate for Personal Interview (PI). The number of candidates to be called for PI depends on the number of seats in the programme and the number of applicants.
Participants will be provided the prescribed textbook for each course and also the course packs (additional readings, articles etc., based on the advise of course faculty member). Given the blended mode, mostly the study material will be made available as soft copies.
It is highly recommended that the participants should attend both the campus immersion modules. However, in unavoidable circumstances, participants may be exempted on a case-to-case basis subject to the approval of the Program Chair and/or Dean.
There are no separate charges for the campus immersion modules.
The re-exam option is available only in certain exigencies like sickness, bereavement, own marriage etc. This is subject to production of necessary supporting documents and the sanction of leave by the Program Chairperson and/or Dean. However, the course faculty members are at liberty to deal with each case at their discretion. Make-up, if any, for missed exams/quizzes/tests (for valid reasons with prior approval) will be decided by the faculty concerned, whose decision will be final and binding.
There is no such absolute minimum passing marks. Based on the performance in all evaluation components of a course, students will be given a number grade point on a four-point grading scale. In case the performance is far lower compared to the course objectives and minimum expected standard as decided by the respective course faculty, the student will be awarded lower grades leading to low GPA. The students will have to ensure meeting a minimum of 2.00 CGPA in first year courses to be eligible for promotion to the 2nd year, a minimum of 2.00 CGPA in second year courses and a CGPA of at least 2.20 in all courses of first and second year to be eligible for the award of MBA.
In a trimester system, the academic year is divided into three terms (1 to 3) and each trimestr is approximately 12-13 weeks long.
The degree may be collected in person by the graduating particpant during the Convocation Ceremony, or may be sent by post to his/her provided address.