Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat (EBSB) program of the Government of India (GoI) aims at enhancing interaction and promoting mutual understanding between people of different states/UTs through the concept of state/UT pairing. The states carry out activities to promote a sustained and structured cultural connect in the areas of language learning, culture, traditions, music, tourism, cuisine, sports and sharing of best practices, etc.
Objectives of EBSB :
The broad objectives of this initiative of GoI are as follows:
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our country
- To PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity
- To ESTABLISH long-term engagements
- To CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.
In pursuance of the advisories of the Ministry of Education (MoE), GoI, and to strengthen the activities in realization of the objectives of the EBSB program, the Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV) established the EBSB Club.
The state Andhra Pradesh is paired with the state Punjab.
Nodal officer – EBSB:
Mr. Jelani Mohammed
Senior Administrative Officer (Administration)
Email id: nodalofficer[dot]ebsb[at]iimv[dot]ac[dot]in
Contact: +91 891-282 4536