The Post Graduate Program in Digital Governance and Management (PGP-DGM), leading to the award of Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree was launched by the Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV), an Institution of national importance, in 2019. This program is launched under the aegis of the National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India (GOI).
Government and private organizations, alike, are placing immense faith in the value of digital technologies towards efficient and effective delivery of products and services. Government is particularly focused on transforming India digitally. This is amply clear by the manifold increase in fund allocation for projects such as GeM, GSTN, UMANG, DigiLocker. Most of these projects require public-private partnerships leading the need for managers equipped in technology and governance at the same time. The DG&M Programme, , focuses on building the capacity of experienced professionals towards being an expert in this high-demand field of expertise.
Who should apply?
The Program is meant for experienced oﬃcers/executives/professionals who are keen on:
- Catalysing the success of digitalization and digital management initiatives in their respective areas of work; and/or
- Leading as champions and managers of change, through enriched contribution to digital governance and management processes.
Applicants with such interests could be:
- Oﬃcers of All India Services, Central Services - organized & nonorganized, technical & non-technical, faculty members of State Administrative Training Institutes, and, for oﬃcers of the State Civil Services (SCS) & Non-State Civil Services (Non-SCS).
- Oﬃcers from the Public Sector (Central/State) and Private Sector Enterprises.
- Professionals (independent/self-employed) associated with digitalization initiatives.
The customized program is designed to enhance the digital-management capacities of participants. It is envisaged that the graduating candidates would catalyse the footprint and impact of Digital India growing more pervasive and profound, thereby contributing to quantitative and qualitative transformation in delivering services to end-users.
#Classes for the third batch of the Program (2021-23) are scheduled to commence in February 2022.
Communication from Secretary, MeitY to Additional Secretary, DoPT (Department of Personnel & Training)
Communication from DoPT (Department of Personnel & Training) to Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments of Govt. of India and to Chief Secretaries to all State Governments and Union Territories.